Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Question of Degree ... Show # 131

This week I played songs by The Stooges and Awesome Color. The song I played by The Stooges, "My Idea of Fun" is a newly recorded Stooges track that will appear on their forthcoming release The Weirdness in March; you can hear a streamed version of the song at their myspace page. Awesome Color is a band that is originally from Ann Arbor, Michigan, but relocated to Brooklyn. The band sounds like a combination of The Stooges, Black Sabbath, and Mudhoney. I played "It's Your Time" from their self titled 2006 release.

Finally I played two songs by a band called The Love Me Nots. The two songs, "Move in Tight" and "Voice in My Head" were from their album In Black & White. The band is a combination of various elements. They are influenced by garage rock bands such as the Sonics, and the Fuzztones, but also by surf music such as Dick Dale. They also have some punk in them, they use a lot of organ on their songs which reminds me of Elvis Costello & The Attractions. The Love Me Nots are a very cool band from Arizona.

This page used to contain a post about the band Wire.  A reworked more informative post on the band can be found in my Outdoor Miners Post

Here's the play list:

1. The Adverts – one chord wonders
2. The Only Ones – another girl, another planet
3. The Stooges – my idea of fun
4. The Furies – what do you want me to be
5. The Enigmas – teenage barnacle
6. Tell-Tale Hearts – I get up in the morning
7. The Damned – liar
8. Generation X – your generation
9. Sex Pistols – (I’m not your) stepping stone
10. Buzzcocks – noise annoys (BBC)
11. Ramones – it’s not my place (in the 9 to 5 world)
12. The Gruesomes –whirlpool
13. Pointed Sticks – waiting for the real thing
14. Gang of Four – armalite rifle
15. The Police – driven to tears
16. The Saints – looking for the sun
17. The Clash – clampdown
18. The Clash – rocker’s galore…UK tour
19. Marble Index – what we need
20. Sloan – work cut out
21. Wire – two people in a room
22. Awesome Color – it’s your time
23. The D4 – peepshow
24. The Rapture – crimson red
25. The Love Me Nots - move in tight
26. The Love Me Nots - voice in my head
27. The Hives - no pun intended

No comments: